* Handy! Download Free Spirit solids to your computer for designing in EQ7.
* Thoughtful article by Why Smart, Creative People Underestimate Themselves and How to Quit.
* Have you purchased pretty duct tape but don't know what to do with it (apart from admiring it, of course)? Hani Shabbir has collated 30 DIY duct tape tutorials to help you get started.
* 10-12 October: Novocastrian Quilters Exhibition, Newcastle NSW.
* Call for entries: AQIPP (Australian Quilts in Public Places) 2015.
* For all lovers of hexagon quilts: a new magazine, Hexie Love, to look out for next January.
* Tips for photographing quilts from Sue Bleiweiss.
* Dapto, NSW.
* The Southern Patchwork Shop Hop (Tasmania.) is coming! It's bigger than ever - with six shops (from Huonville to New Norfolk) to hop to this year. The shops are Frangipani Fabrics (Sandy Bay), The Patchwork Cafe (New Norfolk), The Quilted Crow (New Town), Easy Sew (Hobart), Wafu Works (Kingston), and Timeless Design (Huonville).
* Free Ebook: Crochet Afghan Patterns from the Chain Reaction Crochet Afghan Project.
* 26 September - 23 October: Meeniyan, VIC.
* 31 October - 2 November: Margaret River, WA.
* Would you like to visit South Africa next year with textile artist Sue Dennis? Who wouldn't! Details here.
* Call for entries: Dare to Differ 2015. Entries close 10 July 2015.
* Tutorial by Linda Matthews:silk carrier rods and how to use them to make silk paper.
* New online mgazine coming in October: The Inspirational Magazine by John Hopper of The Textile Blog.
* 22-23 August 2015: Broome Artistic Retreat - Kimberley Dreaming from The Thread Studio.
* Call for entries: Textile & Fibre Exhibition, Clarence, TAS.