29 July 2013

Adding pattern

Sometimes, pieces of fabric that I've coloured just stay in a pile until they are ready to have more pattern added. I don't know when that might be; the fabric just cries out when its turn has come.

Today, my friend Lisa gave me one of her Seed Pods Thermofax screens. I loved it so much I had to use it immediately!


I had already hand dyed the cotton fabric and fused a piece of painted fusible webbing to it. You can see some of the horizontal lines of the webbing colour. I used gold fabric paint to print a leaf pattern with the screen. Isn't it gorgeous?

Hop over to Lisa's webpage to see the different patterns she has created on Thermofax screens. You might find one that calls your name and is perfect for patterning your fabric, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)